Call For Papers 2015
Proposal deadline: 12/11/2014 We are no longer accepting proposals. Thank you!
Acceptance Notification: 15/12/2014
Presenter Confirmation: 31/12/2014
Conference Dates: February 26-28, 2015
The Conference Proposals Committee is delighted to invite you to submit a proposal to its TESOL Sudan 5th Annual International Conference to be held in Khartoum, Sudan on February 26-28, 2015. Proposals for papers, panel discussions, workshops and teaching tips are expected to address the conference theme:
Towards Building a Community of Learners
And areas broadly related to any of the following conference sub-themes:
- Teacher leadership
- Online community Building
- Language testing and assessment
- Learner/teacher identity
- Curriculum development
- Teachers’ professional development
- Learner/teacher autonomy
- Cooperative learning
- Any other topic that has relevance to the theme of the Conference
As sessions vary in format, presenters are advised to state their preference and the relevance of their presentation to the conference theme or sub-theme. Where a preference cannot be accommodated, the Conference Proposals Committee will offer the presenter an alternative format.
Paper Presentations are research, theory, concepts, and practices. They are 20 minutes long + 10 minutes Q&A.
Panel Discussion is a forum for discussing thematic topics or other relevant topics within a small group. The sessions are 25 minutes long + 15 minutes Q&A.
Workshop Sessions are 45 minutes long. These sessions are interactive with emphasis on group collaborations.
Teaching Tips Sessions are 15 minutes. They provide useful information, and ideas on teaching and learning.
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
- The presentation proposal (maximum of 300 words)
- Contact information: name, current school/institution, phone number , and email address
- Bio data (maximum of 30 words)
- A title of 8 words or less and an abstract of no more than 50 words (the brief summary will be published in the conference program)
- Acronyms and/or abbreviations should be spelled out.
- Please refrain from submitting a proposal previously presented at another conference.
- Please do not submit a proposal for a study that has not been conducted.
The deadline for proposal submission is 1/11/2014
Proposal Review & Acceptance
All proposals will be peer reviewed using the criteria below:
- Purpose and appropriateness for the conference
- Focus and organization
- Clarity and participants’ outcomes
- Theory/practice and/or research contribution
Notifications and Information
Potential presenters will receive an acceptance notification by e-mail by 15/12/2014 from the Proposal Committee Chair. Presenters are required to confirm their participation at the Conference by 31/12/2014. It is mandatory that presenters register for the conference by 20/1/2015
To submit a proposal for presentation at TESOL Sudan 5th Annual International Conference, please CLICK HERE to complete the online proposal submission form.
Any submissions that do not adhere to the guidelines or are sent as e-mail attachments will NOT be accepted.
If you require further information, please contact the Proposal Committee through this email: email@example.com. For more information about the conference, please visit us at http://tesolsudan.net/