Call for papers
TESOL Sudan 6th Annual Conference
July 23, 2016
Ahfad University for Women
TESOL Sudan is pleased to announce the organization of its 6th annual conference under the theme of: ELT in Sudan and Expatriate Teachers: From Brain Drain to Brain Gain. The conference will be held at Ahfad University in Omdurman, Sudan on July 23, 2016. The Proposals Committee invites you to submit a proposal for presentation which addresses the main theme of the conference. We are interested in submissions that address the effects of brain drain on the ELT profession in Sudan and how expatriate teachers can help bridge the gap. Submissions that address the sub-themes below will also be considered.
- Teacher mentoring
- Collaborative learning and Teaching
- Online professional development for students and teachers
- The role of teacher associations
- English as an international language
- Bilingual and multilingual education
- English as a medium of instruction
- Learner/teacher identity
- Technology in the classroom
- Use of literature in ELT
- Language testing and assessment
- Curriculum development
- Learner/teacher autonomy
- Any other topic that has relevance to ELT
Proposal Submission Deadline: June 10th, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: June 20th, 2016
Conference Date: July 23rd, 2016
As sessions vary in format, presenters are advised to state their preference and the relevance of their presentation to the conference theme or sub-theme. Where a preference cannot be accommodated, the Conference Proposals Committee will offer the presenter an alternative format.
Paper Presentations are research, theory, concepts, and practices. They are 20 minutes long + 10 minutes Q&A.
Panel Discussion is a forum for discussing thematic topics or other relevant topics within a small group. The sessions are 25 minutes long + 15 minutes Q&A.
Workshop Sessions are 45 minutes long. These sessions are interactive with emphasis on group collaborations.
Teaching Tips Sessions are 15 minutes. They provide useful information, and ideas on teaching and learning.
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
- Proposals MUST be written using the form which can be found at the "Proposal Submission Form" page.
- Proposals MUST be e-mailed as an MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10th, 2016.
- The proposal must not exceed 300 words.
- Acronyms and/or abbreviations should be spelled out.
- Please refrain from submitting a proposal previously presented at another conference.
- Please do not submit a proposal for a study that has not been conducted.
The deadline for proposal submissions is June 10th, 2016
Proposal Review & Acceptance
All proposals will be peer reviewed using the criteria below:
- Purpose and appropriateness for the conference
- Focus and organization
- Clarity and participants’ outcomes
- Theory/practice and/or research contribution
- To submit a proposal for presentation at TESOL Sudan 6th Annual Conference, please complete proposal submission which can be found under "Proposal Submission Form" page.