2018 Call for Papers
Call for Papers
TESOL Sudan 7th International Conference
Sponsored by Sudan International University
16-17 February, 2018
TESOL Sudan and Sudan International University are pleased to announce the organization of the 7th TESOL Sudan International Conference under the theme of Foundation Programs: Transitioning from Schools to Universities. The Conference aims to tackle the English Language Foundation and Preparatory programs in secondary and tertiary levels. We would also like to shed light on different practices and how to bridge the gap between secondary and tertiary education.
The conference will be held at the Police Hall, Khartoum, Sudan on February 16-17, 2018. The Proposals Committee invites you to submit a proposal for presentation which addresses the main theme of the conference. Submissions that address the sub-themes below will also be considered.
- Teacher education and teacher development
- Syllabus design
- Teacher mentoring
- Collaborative learning and Teaching
- Online professional development for students and teachers
- Motivation and Engagement
- English as an international language
- Bilingual and multilingual education
- English as a medium of instruction
- Learner/teacher identity
- Technology in the classroom
- Large classes
- Language testing and assessment
- Curriculum development
- Learner/teacher autonomy
- Any other topic that has relevance to ELT
Proposal Submission Deadline: November 15th, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: December 15th, 2017
Conference Dates: February, 16-17th, 2018
As sessions vary in format, presenters are advised to state their preference and the relevance of their presentation to the conference theme or sub-theme. Where a preference cannot be accommodated, the Conference Proposals Committee will offer the presenter an alternative format.
Paper Presentations are research, theory, concepts, and practices. They are 20 minutes long + 10 minutes Q&A.
Panel Discussion is a forum for discussing thematic topics or other relevant topics within a small group. The sessions are 25 minutes long + 15 minutes Q&A.
Workshops are 45 minutes long. These sessions are interactive with emphasis on group collaborations.
Teaching Tips are 15 minutes long. They provide useful information, and ideas on teaching and learning.
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
- Proposals MUST be written using the form which can be found at the "Proposal Submission Form" page.
- Proposals MUST be e-mailed as an MS Word attachment to email@example.com by November 15th, 2017. The proposal submission form can be found at http://www.tesolsudan.net/conferences/2018-7th-international-conference/proposal-submission-form/
- The proposal must not exceed 300 words.
- The title should not exceed 10 words.
- The abstract should not exceed 50 words.
- Less commonly used acronyms and/or abbreviations should be spelled out.
The deadline for proposal submissions is November 15th, 2017.
Proposal Review & Acceptance
All proposals will be peer reviewed using the criteria below:
- Purpose and appropriateness for the conference
- Focus and organization
- Clarity and participants’ outcomes
- Theory/practice and/or research contribution
To submit a proposal for presentation at TESOL Sudan 7th International Conference, please complete the proposal submission form which can be found at http://www.tesolsudan.net/conferences/2018-7th-international-conference/proposal-submission-form/ and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15th, 2017.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Khartoum!